RusselSmith Group is a company established for the purpose of servicing the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
RusselSmith is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job vacancy Position: Accounts Officer
Job Reference Code: RS-FD-01
Job Location: Lagos
Job Functions summary
Should be responsible for receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping.
Job experience Required
A university degree in accounting preferred and should have related accounting experience of 1-2 years.
Job skills & Qualifications Required
* Good skills in communication
*Possess the ability to work well with people is essential.
*Strong skills in quantitative such as analysis skills and statistics
*Good organizational reasoning skills, multi-tasking skills and reasoning skills
An excellent analytical and data analysis skills
*Exhibits flexibility, responsibility and initiative.
*Ability to approach towards assignments, maintain flexible attitude and successfully operate under guidelines.
* Work knowledge of regulatory bodies that relate to general business financial conditions, taxes and payroll.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office software – Excel , Word.
Must have an intermediate knowledge of financial systems and familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications is required.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
* Receiving and processing of vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing & slips receive and matches to invoices. Verification of invoices for applicable discounts, extensions, unit pricing, quantity, extensions and applicable discounts.
* Getting approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
* Coding of invoices with accounting account numbers according to general ledger distribution, determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. *Maintaining an alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
*Reviews of invoices scheduled for payment and a special check request with Chief Accountant ; prints approved checks; prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority on a weekly basis.
*Attaching of duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
* Printing, verifications and maintenance of accounts payable voucher reports, journals, open/aging reports and disbursement reports
* Receiving and answering of phone calls from vendors or other departments with respect to payment status of invoices.
Application Closing Date :
26th November, 2013
How to Apply to job application :
Interested & Qualified job Applicants should:
Click here to apply online: